Monday, January 26, 2009

Paris Part 2

The next morning we were picked up by our bus at 8.40 am to go to the Palace of Versailles. Since I always need a bit longer in the bathrom than normal people, I got up in time to have my shower with a very low water pressure, apply my make up and organize my things in my backbag. But B didn't feel like getting up and that's why we had to rush down to the breakfast room, gulp down our baguettes and tea and rush out to find our bus.
Fortunately, our bus was 5 minutes late anyway, so we weren't really that late.
When we arrived at the palace I was a bit dissappointed because I thought that it would look a little fancier from the outside. But we paid 16€ entrance fee anyway to go inside and the dissappointment stopped because from the inside it's all fancy with lots of gold!
The hall of mirrors was the most amazing place in the palace because I really like mirrors and they had like 17 huge ones in there!!!
Then we tok a stroll through the gardens and were glad to be back in the bus by noon because although it wasn't rainy that day, it was pretty cold.
Back in Paris, we decided to climb 284 steps up to the Arc de Triomphe where we could make same awesome pictures.

After a long metro ride to the Basilique de St. Denis, we went back to the Louvre and took some pictures of its outside in daylight and then had our most expensive coffee ever inside. But although my little espresso was 2,80€ it was probably the best espresso I ever had.

Since we've already seen most of the things the day before and our feet were still hurting, we decided to waste some time in the mall of the Louvre. That is also were you can see the two pyramids which are so famous from the movie "The Da Vinci Code".
Taking pictures of the Eiffeltower at night is quite a task because every half an hour or so it starts flashing like a Christmas tree and the camera can't focus. And of course, that flashing makes it even more out of place in Paris!
Unfortunately, at about 8 pm that day I started feeling quite bad; I had a stomach ache and felt a bit sick. I guess I shouldn't have drank the tap water in our simple hotel. So, while B had a great cheese salat in one of the bars I chewed on a little sandwich. By leaving time (around 11.30 pm) I was really sick and was shacking so much that B had to take the pictures for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment