Thursday, January 15, 2009

The first few days!

Although we haven't really done any travelling yet, I'll give you a quick overview of my last few days.

On 13th of January I picked B up from the airport in Frankfurt. After I changed into the wrong train at Frankfurt main station and had to ride back and take another train which took me to the airport, I was 20 minutes later then expected. B's flight was supposed to land in Frankfurt at 10.50 am, but at 11.20 am the flight wasn't on display anymore. And when I asked about the flight at the next service point, I was told that the plane landed about an hour early. So, B has already been waiting for 1,5 hours...I kinda felt really sorry about that.

So, after we had found our way out of the airport and back to the train station in Frankfurt, I had to wait for my Burger King burger for 15 minutes. I guess, they didn't understand the concept of FAST food.

In Kassel I brought B to his home for the next two months. It's a huge alternative apartment with three female housemates. And pretty much the first thing I did was to christen his bed with spilling water on his bed! :-P

In the evening B had his first German beer which, of course, he loved!

On the 14th we opened up a bank account at the Deutsche Bank. I thought it was funny that B thought that he could use it right away because we are in Germany and everything that has to do with filling out papers and bureaucracy, takes at least a week. So, he won't have any more money before the end of next week! *evil grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment