Monday, January 19, 2009

Kassel Part 1

My plan for last weekend was to show B the pretty parts of Kassel. .... Yes, they do exist!
On Saturday we went to the Herkules by tram and bus which was a new experience for B because trams don't exist in the USA. Although it was quite foggy at the Herkules, it was still very pretty. Especially because there was still snow on the ground. I've seen the pretty sights of Kassel before, but only in summer. And I have to admit that some things look even prettier in winter. Unfortunately, it barely snows in Kassel. So, you have to be really lucky to be able to see the snowed-in landscapes.

As you might be able to see on the picture, the Herkules consists of hundreds of stairs. And once you've walked them all down, you also have to go up again because the bus stop is at the top. It even gets more exhausting when you only have 10 minutes because you have to catch the bus at a certain time.
After that we went back to the city again and I showd B some modern art of Kassel.
Then B had his first Döner Kebab, a Turkish dish which is VERY popular in Germany.
To round up the day, I called to of my friends and we went out to have a few cocktails. At the bar (where you sit on cushions on the floor) we compared socks and made B learn a few finger tricks.
(I made him do that American fake smile. :-P)



No comments:

Post a Comment